If you're looking for ultimate relaxation and a healthier you - you've come to the right place! The specialized massage therapists at Rejuvenation Bodyworks Massage are committed to your comfort and satisfaction.
Massage has been found to improve circulation, joint range-of-motion and flexibility. It can reduce many common ailments such as stress, muscle tightness, aches and pains - even anxiety and depression.
This is your time to escape and relax!
Choose from a variety of services:
- Reflexology – Reflexology promotes relaxation, improves circulation, stimulates nerves, soothes tired feet and encourages overall healing. In Eastern medicine, reflexology is used to bring balance to the body by manipulating certain points on the hands and feet that correlate to glands, organs and other areas of the body. Stimulating these reflex areas can promote health in the corresponding areas by unblocking stagnant or blocked energy pathways. A scientific explanation is that the applied pressure may send signals that balance the nervous system or release natural chemicals, such as endorphins, that reduce pain and stress.
- Lymphatic – A delicate massage used to stimulate the body’s lymphatic system, helping to improve metabolism and elimination of waste and toxins. Because our lymphatic systems have no central pumps, they depend on muscle contractions to move fluid. Lymphatic massage helps increase the lymph flow, which helps remove harmful substances (toxins and bacteria) from tissue and increases immune function. Good for cases of edema, sports injury, people with sluggish immune systems, or those suffering from lack of energy. A strong immune system makes you feel balanced, happy and whole.
- Cold Stone for Migraines - This cold stone facial treatment is highly effective in reducing the painful symptoms of headaches and migraines. There are three parts to this proven method: acupressure on the headache release points, Aromatherapy essential oils applied to the face and pulse points, and the placement of 12 cold marble stones on specific areas of the face, neck and head to reduce blood vessel inflammation. Hot towels and massage are also incorporated. If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from migraines, then this treatment is for you. Clients usually have significantly reduced pain or feel pain-free by the end of the session. So if you do feel a headache or migraine pain coming on, call us for a Cold Stone appointment as soon as possible.
- Sports Massage - A sports massage session is a quick 15 to 30 minutes of warming up key muscles in preparation of endurance or intense exertion for optimal performance. In addition, it is recommended within an hour or two for post-event recovery to help the body normalize by relaxing the muscles, releasing lactic acid and preventing soreness or cramping. Sport massage also focuses on increasing circulation and the prevention and healing of muscle and tendon injuries. It is very beneficial for those with chronic pain such as frozen shoulder, tender joints from running or other injuries causing limited range of motion.
- Hot Stone – Used by ancient cultures and Native Americans to improve overall mental, spiritual, and physical wellness, this style of massage therapy uses heated stones placed at specific sites on the body to promote relaxation and to help open up the meridians (energy pathways). While tension melts away in this calming atmosphere, stress, deadlines, anxiety, and other life annoyances dissipate long enough for the mind to relax at the deepest level. Insomnia is often cured because of the ability to put the mind at ease, and it is said that depression can also be helped by hot stone therapy. Benefits include promotion of deep muscle and tissue relaxation, alleviation of stress, release of toxins, pain relief, and increased circulation.
- Royal Thai Herbal Poultice – The Herbal Poultice Massage is a relaxing, deep heat medicinal muscle treatment. The ritual dates back to 14th Century Thailand when hot packs were used to heal war-soldiers returning from battle. It is highly recommended for all athletes because of its ability to reduce joint and muscle pain, increase flexibility and reduce swelling. It is very beneficial for increased circulation and lymphatic flow, also aiding in digestion and detoxification. The treatment is broken down into 3 parts: the Royal Thai Massage, the Herbal Poultice application, and the Aromatherapy Massage. During the Royal Thai Massage, pressure is applied to acupressure points to release blocked energy. Then follows the herbal poultice application where a warm, herb-filled poultice is applied in a kneading fashion to the body. The finishing touch is a soothing massage given with the energizing Blue Ginger Aromatherapy oil.
- Swedish – A system of therapeutic massage which includes long, flowing strokes to massage and exercise the muscles and joints. This technique has been shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness, improving function in patients with osteoarthritis, and poor circulation.
- Deep Tissue – Noticeably loosens muscles, alleviates pain, and increases mobility. In today’s society where tension runs rampant, deep tissue massage has grown in popularity because of its ability to stimulate, condition, and heal. Athletes, patients who have sustained physical injury, those with carpal tunnel, chronic pain and fibromyalgia (to name a few), find deep tissue massage beneficial in getting below the surface of the top muscles to deeper, tighter areas. This is not for everyone, as there can be a day or two of soreness following the massage because of the technique and pressure used for tight muscles. Also keep in mind that what one calls deep, another may call light.
- Pregnancy – Not only does the benefit of human touch include comfort, love, and awareness, but it can help alleviate aches and pains. Enjoy tranquil relaxation while receiving relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and pain in the lower back, neck, hips and legs that are commonly experienced while pregnant. Increased circulation can help reduce swelling, and reduced stress on weight-bearing joints is a plus. Pregnancy massage requires special training to ensure that the mother and child are comfortable and safe, and that positioning for their safety is done right. Ask for a therapist who is specially trained in pregnancy massage, to ensure the safety of you and your child.
- Trigger Point Therapy – Targets hyperirritable, painful spots referred to as trigger points. Trigger points “refer” pain to other parts of the body and are located in a taut band of muscle fibers. These points took a while to develop and are often areas of chronic “holding”, so it will likely take more than one massage to get rid of them, in addition to some education on how to move in different ways to keep them from recurring.
- Aromatherapy Massage - This balancing treatment uses oils made from plants and flowers which have powerful therapeutic benefits. There are four wonderful oils to choose from: Relax, Enrich, Revive, and De-Stress. Each of these exotic oils contains a combination of many key essential oils, such as Ylang Ylang, Pink Grapefruit, Petitgrain, Lavender and more. Aromatherapy has been known to ease muscular aches and pains, relieve sinus congestion, increase circulation, and enhance cell renewal and detoxification. Along with physical benefits, essential oils have a powerful effect on our acute sense of smell, elevating our moods and improving our emotional wellbeing.
- Myofascial Release - A manual massage technique that stretches and releases bonds between fascia, integument, and muscles to help eliminate or alleviate pain. This usually involves applying shear compression or tension in various directions, or by skin rolling.
- Seated Chair -Enjoy the benefits of a relaxing, yet therapeutic massage while sitting in a chair that puts your body in a comfortable, ergonomic position. Seated chair massage is nice when you are on-the-go, and need focus on your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Paraffin Treatments - Paraffin wax is a purified wax extracted from mineral oils. For centuries, paraffin wax therapy has been used to speed healing and soothe muscle and joint pain. Paraffin therapy is best used in conjunction with heat therapy and excercise therapy for sports related injuries. It's benefits also include:
* Opening pores
* Moisturizing the Skin
* Increasing circulation
* Promoting relaxation
* Reducing pain/stiffness around joints
RB Massage offers a spot paraffin therapy treatment on hands and/or feet. After the hand or foot
is dipped in melted wax, the wax is allowed to harden, is peeled off, and then begins the massage.
- Face Toning Massage - This treatment includes the use of hot towels on the face, neck, & feet, along with a series of sequential massage strokes that helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, & tighten and tone the face, neck, and upper chest.
- Hand & Foot Treatments -This treatment includes a stimulating exfoliation with a scented body scrub to reveal fresh, healthy skin. Hot towels are used to remove the scrub, followed by a massage with a scented lotion to hydrate the skin and relax the muscles.
- Wiccy Massage - Wiccy Massage treatments are quickly growing in popularity because of their ability to soothe sore, aching muscles and the spicy, tingly feeling it promotes. Instead of lotions or oil, this all-natural treatment incorporates a bar which contains cinnamon leaf oil and Aduki beans. Cinnamon fights depression, weakness, and exhaustion and is an antiseptic, antibiotic and analgesic. The oil leaves you with a rich, warm sensation. Tactile Aduki beans massage the muscles, increase circulation and help to alleviate pain and tension. This muscle-soothing treatment is ideal for runners and excercise enthusiasts.
Not sure what treatment is right for you? Our knowledgeable staff can assess your needs and help you choose.
Contact us today!
Call (815) 790-9577 to schedule your appointment!